On September 8, 2012, Ted Gibson created the gorgeous voluminous 50s couture looks – with a “New Bouffant” – to compliment an East-meets-West appeal of beautiful…with an Asian flair – minus the cliché!
Photo credit: Samantha Adler for beautypress.com
Here are Ted’s tips to get-the-look – fresh from the runway:
- Spray build it blow drying agent on roots and blow dry straight with a round brush.
- Part hair in a clean center part, flat iron, then spray a flat brush with beautiful hold hairspray and brush hair.
- Back comb hair starting from 2.5” inches from the face, pinch back combed hair, then lightly brush hair back into very low pony tail.
- Pull soft fringe out at the front of the hair and use a bungee elastic to make ponytail.
- Use rat tail comb to pull up bouffant at the top of the head and spritz beautiful hold hair spray everywhere to give hair a sexy, undone texture.
- Twist pony into messy but secure low bun resting on the hairline.
- Secure with bobby pins.