I totally love essential oils! Especially Lavender…it’s even my favorite color . Essential oils will definitely work wonders — for the mind, body & soul! Check out this amazing guest feature — by Angel Atkin – a natural remedy expert and essential oils consultant.
The Many Uses of Lavender Oil
by Angel Atkin
Lavender oil is part of a group called essential oils. Essential oils are the most powerful forms of plant medicine, and they are even more potent than herbs. Lavender oil is one of the most versatile of the oils.
Though Lavender oil can be used as a healing property and for many different purposes, one must be careful when choosing Lavender oil because not all oils are the same. Many Lavender oils used for spas and aromatherapy are not therapeutic grade and cannot be used internally. Pure Lavender oil, the good stuff, can be used for many different things and it is edible.
Here are some ways to use PURE Lavender oil:
- Rub a drop of Lavender oil behind your ears, on the back of your neck or onto your pillow in order to help you sleep. Lavender has very calming effects.
- Rub Lavender oil on ones feet for an immediate calming effect. (The bottoms of your feet have the biggest pores so the oil gets into your system faster when oil is rubbed on them.)
- To reduce bee sting swelling and insect bite itching, use a drop of Lavender oil.
- Lavender soothes and decreases the pain of minor burns (it also prevents scarring.)
- Lavender oil can help with motion sickness if placed on the end of the tongue and or behind the ears.
- Lavender can stop cuts from bleeding, apply directly.
- Rub Lavender oil on dry or chapped skin and sunburned lips.
- Rub Lavender oil onto ones scalp to get rid of dry itchy skin and dandruff.
- Lavender oil can help to repel moths and insects, as well as give off a nice scent, when a few drops are placed on a tissue or cotton ball and placed in closets and drawers and drying machines.
- Diffusing Lavender oil can also help alleviate allergy symptoms.
- Lavender oil can also alleviate stress and headaches.
Lavender oil is a natural and healthy remedy which can even replace things like; Neosporin, Tylenol, Aleve, Motrin, Tylenol p.m., and sleeping aids.
The cost of pure Lavender oil is usually a little more expensive than the ‘non-pure, knock off’ Lavender oils, but the uses of pure Lavender oils are much more widespread. They usually range from $15 to $35 — depending on where it is bought and how much is in the bottle.