The weather outside is not quite frightful, but I’ve decided to spice things up a bit – making it oh so delightful! The brisk autumn air – finds me, as I continue the ‘Fall in Love’ series…4 U 2 Think Beauty always!
Dry skin from the cooler air and winds; is to be expected, lovelies. But don’t fret my chic pets, as seasonal skin problems can be solved – and with all-natural treatments and products that are free of harsh chemicals (my absolute fave) – and healthier option, for the body and Mother Nature’s.
Here’s how…by using kitchen pantry staples to create DIY spa treatments for glowing skin, right at home…
Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, the makers of fine vanillas and flavors, has pure flavor products made from high quality natural oils and several all-natural vanilla products. Just a drop of Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract can be added to any DIY spa recipe for improved skin tone, calming aromatherapy, and healthy antioxidants.
Try these spa ideas from Nielsen-Massey for fresh fall skin with common kitchen ingredients:
• Use leftover green tea bags and place on eyes to remove dark circles and puffiness.
• Lemon oil is known to have a calming effect on the body. Mix Pure Lemon Extract with water for a beneficial skin treatment for dry skin.
• Hydrate skin with a honey facemask – spread raw honey on face, leave for 20 minutes, rise off for smooth skin
• Coconut oil moisturizes skin and is known to help heal small bumps and bruises.
• Combine a splash of Rose Water with water and put into a spritzer bottle – keep it in the car or purse for a fresh scent (or leave it in the refrigerator for a cooling morning mist).
I use vanilla sugar in my homemade body scrub. The scent is relaxing and it’s an affordable way to treat myself to a little pampering,” explains Beth Nielsen, chief culinary officer of Nielsen-Massey.
For smooth skin, try Nielsen’s DIY Vanilla Body Scrub recipe below.
Vanilla Body Scrub
1 cup Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 or 2 drops of an essential oil such as lavender, eucalyptus, etc.
Decorative, waterproof container
1. Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Spoon into a decorative, waterproof container
3. Wrap in decorative paper.
Instructions for use: Apply a small amount to damp skin while in shower or bath. Gently scrub skin with a soft washcloth. Rinse thoroughly.
Nielsen-Massey Vanillas also has a line of Pure Flavors: Pure Chocolate Extract, Pure Almond Extract, Pure Orange Extract, Pure Lemon Extract, Pure Coffee Extract, Pure Peppermint Extract, Orange Blossom Water and Rose Water. All Nielsen-Massey products are Allergen-Free and certified kosher and Gluten-Free.
Have you ever heard of a more delicious way to lavish in beauty?